Electronics Technician/Electronics Assembly Technician - TEMP
Electronics Technician / Electronics Assembly Technician
TEMPORARY POSITION – Up to six months with potential for permanent position being offered to the best candidate
PLEASE SUBMIT A COVER LETTER THAT ADDRESSES THE REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS LISTED BELOW AND IDENTIFIES YOUR SPECIFIC AND HIGHLY RELEVANT EXPERIENCE.
Spear Power Systems manufactures advanced lithium ion batteries for defense, marine, mining, and renewable energy applications. We deliver value to our customers by designing, manufacturing and integrating high power, high voltage battery systems deployed in challenging environments. Our team members are creative, enthusiastic and entrepreneurial partners in our success.
Spear is seeking an energetic, independent team member to aid in the assembly and manufacturing of custom battery systems. The successful candidate will be responsible for testing and debugging electronic hardware, assembling electronics components in accordance with specifications and drawings. Soldering skills, building wire harnesses and testing components are key skills sets required for this position. Spear values innovative research experience, inquisitiveness, leadership, and accountability.
- Perform diagnosis and troubleshooting of various electronic PCB’s / Electronic assemblies.
- Assemble components and wiring harnesses based upon drawings/schematics, work instructions and/or employee’s background and knowledge
- Use electrical/electronic test fixtures during assembly and fault diagnostics
- Analyze circuit behavior and identify anomalies or out of tolerances
- Verify via testing circuits and control systems function as designed
- Assist in the demonstration, validation and test of the circuits in a battery system
- Work with high voltage systems, starting with low voltage components, building to high voltage system
- Perform fault diagnostics to identify root cause of failure
- Provide assistance to help support manufacturing as necessary
- Provide assistance to engineering team as necessary
2+ years’ experience electrical assembly
Experience in reading schematics used in aiding diagnosis/troubleshooting circuits.
- Experience with standard bench top equipment including power supplies, volt meters, oscilloscopes, DC programmable loads.
- Strong interpersonal skills for working with cross-functional teams.
- Excellent ability to adapt and learn quickly.
- Must have stable work history.
- Strong initiative, time management and organizational skills.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
U.S. Citizenship or Legal Permanent Residence required to support government contracts.
Location – this position is located at Spear’s office in the Kansas City /Grandview, MO area.
Spear offers challenging work, an excellent work environment and great benefits. Please, no phone calls, agencies or recruiters. Spear is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Spear to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Spear will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.